Many of Texas’ Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) passengers are enjoying the ride according to the agency’s recent biennial passenger survey, which was released this past April to gather input from riders on their perspective on DCTA’s system.
The survey was available online and on paper, as well as in English, Spanish, and Hakha Chin. DCTA received a total of 2,629 responses, which is equal to 20% of the average daily ridership for April 2019. The margin of error was 1.71%. DCTA presented the survey results to its board of directors during the June 2019 board meeting.
Below are key results from the survey:
DCTA PASSENGER REPORT CARD
Respondents were asked to rank the system’s services and the results include:
- Survey respondents described the following areas of DCTA’s mobility services as excellent or good: 92% for affordability, 91% for employee service, and 86% for safety.
- 82% of survey respondents said they would likely recommend DCTA services to a family member or friend.
HOW OFTEN PASSENGERS RIDE DCTA
Respondents were asked how often they ride DCTA and the responses include:
- 57% of survey respondents use DCTA services daily.
- 24% of survey respondents use DCTA services once or twice a week.
- 8% of survey respondents use DCTA services a few times a month.
- 11% of survey respondents use DCTA services occasionally throughout the year.
WHERE PASSENGERS GO RIDING DCTA
Respondents were asked to specify where they go when they ride DCTA and the results include:
- 49% of survey respondents use DCTA services to get to school.
- 10% of survey respondents use DCTA services to get to work.
- 10% of survey respondents use DCTA services to save money.
- 7% of survey respondents use DCTA services to avoid traffic.
*24% of survey respondents didn’t answer this question*
RIDER SENTIMENT FOR ON-DEMAND SERVICES
Respondents were asked to rate DCTA’s on-demand services and the results include:
- 94% of survey respondents rated the Lewisville Lakeway Zone as excellent and good.
- 86% of survey respondents rated the Denton Enterprise Airport Zone as excellent and good.
- 73% of respondents would be very likely and somewhat likely to try new on-demand services if they were offered.
- 83% of survey respondents would book a trip via a mobile app.
For more on DCTA’s survey, click here.
Originally posted on Metro Magazine