Memphis Area Transit Authority (MATA) has awarded an 11-year contract to ENGIE Solutions to deploy its Navineo Intelligent Transportation Systems and Services (ITSS) solution on more than 200 of its vehicles.
Each vehicle in the MATA fleet of fixed-route buses, paratransit vehicles, and rail trolley will include the following Navineo ITSS solutions:
- Computer Aided Dispatch/Automatic Vehicle Location (CAD/AVL) system to enhance and streamline bus operations from dispatch, resulting in improved daily operations, reduced operational cost, and better customer communications.
- Automatic Passenger Counting (APC) system to enhance route evaluation and optimization, monitor vehicle load, and improve performance.
- Onboard Informational Technology to enhance the passenger experience with reliable, real-time information to assist with travel planning. Navineo ITSS solutions will provide interior and exterior voice annunciation, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant visual information through on-board signs, and real-time updates from dispatch.
- The Pedestrian Warning System (PWS) will help prevent collisions through automatic audio broadcast messages from the vehicle speakers. The messages warn pedestrians when the bus is turning.
- Vehicle Health Monitoring will perform diagnostic and prognostic monitoring to ensure an effective maintenance strategy.
The integration of ENGIE Solutions is expected to be operational by the end of 2021.
Originally posted on Metro Magazine