Esri, a Geographical Information System (GIS) software provider, and Trapeze are forming a strategic collaboration to offer transit agencies integrated solutions that elevate collaboration and productivity, ultimately improving the quality-of-service agencies provide to their communities.
Today, when transit agencies want to leverage their data to make key business decisions, they need to utilize multiple systems in many departments. This makes the retrieval of data inconsistent, manual, and error-prone. Thanks to Trapeze and Esri’s partnership, transit agencies can now have one central transit platform to eliminate these inefficiencies and gain better insights into their operations, with capabilities, such as:
- Embedding city GIS and demographics data into scheduling and planning systems.
- Incorporating city traffic, road closures, and detour information into planning and scheduling, fixed-route CAD/AVL, and mobility-on-demand solutions.
- Understanding people movement patterns and mobility preferences.
- Geolocation and visualization of linear systems or fixed assets, such as stop amenities.
- Delivering community collaboration tools for transit and consolidating engagement for all city services under the ArcGIS Hub platform.
Originally posted on Metro Magazine