German resarch firm Dataforce has completed a long-term analysis of the leasing and rental market in across five European countries intended to provide data-based trends in the leasing and car subscription market.
The Leasing/Long-term Rental Study EU-5 2023 offers a “status-quo and future outlook on the leasing/rental market in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and U.K.” with analysis of purchasing and usage behaviors of fleet managers and private individual customers, according to Dataforce.
Dataforce analysts examined the strength of the leasing, rental and car subscription markets and looked at how they will develop.
The study includes a forecast of the company car and private car markets up to 2028, including new registrations and electrification. For the company car market, the registrations are broken down by channel.
The study also features a lessee survey of more than 1,000 fleet managers and nearly 4,000 private customers in the five countries. The survey queried participants about attitudes and opinions on leasing.
Among the study topics are:
- New registration forecasts according to the target groups private and fleet as well as self-registrations of manufacturers and dealers until 2028.
- Current shares of leased, purchased and rented cars, for fleets with a forecast for five years up to 2028.
- Drivers and influencing factors: Such as fleet size, demographic factors and the choice of financing type.
- Electrification: electric cars are rapidly gaining market share and they are leased much more frequently. The electrification forecast and the presentation of leasing rates show how big the influence is in the individual markets and target groups.
- Car subscriptions are on the rise. How many fleet and private customers are actually switching?
The study is available as a complete package or as individual modules. Further information and ordering details are available on the Dataforce website.