July 19, 2022
The State of the Upfit Market for Commercial Fleets
The 104th State of the Fleet Industry video produced by Automotive Fleet offers insights into the state of the fleet market as presented by AF Editor Mike Antich.
- Inconsistent delivery of chassis to upfitters
- Impact of supply chain disruptions and delays on the upfit process.
- Upward cost pressure making upfits more expensive.
- Ongoing labor shortage make most upfitters short-staffed.
- Carrier transport constraints and railcar limitations contributing to delivery delays.
📰 Sign up for the Global Fleet newsletter.
🤝 Follow and connect with Global Fleet on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out our podcast!
⌚ Timestamps ⌚
2:09 Inconsistent Delivery of Chassis to Upfitters
4:00 Supply Chain Disruptions and Delays
5:33 Upward Cost Pressures Make Upfits More Expensive
6:05 Ongoing Labor Shortages
7:28 Carrier Transport Constraints and Railcar Limitations
8:11 Advance Planning is Crucial
8:49 When Possible, Standardize Upfits